We are living in a culture where the sanctity of human life is becoming more non-existent by the day.
It seems like every time we turn on the news, there is more and more noise about abortion rights. For those of us on the front lines, some days can be discouraging. It’s in those moments that we remember our mission. Pathway to Hope is called to create a culture where life is the only choice – through trusting and compassionate relationships, equipping individuals with resources, and strengthening dignity.
Our vision is to create a culture of life in our community that is so strong that abortion becomes unthinkable regardless of legality. Since June of 2022 when we saw the overturn of Roe, the topic of abortion has been more of a hot button than ever. There are back and forth arguments about the legality. The bottom line is this, abortion is NEVER safe.
We recognize that having these conversations with friends, family, anyone within our circle of influence can be tricky. We want to lead with our emotions, and that can turn into less of a conversation and more of an argument. We’ve assembled some resources to help you have conversations that challenge, not criticize.
The 4 components of these conversations are below. With each of them you will find some helpful resources.
- Speak Life – The more time we take to talk about LIFE, the less time we will need to talk about abortion. Science even now proves that life begins at conception.
- Speak Choice – To speak about choice, you have to first define what the word actually means. If we think about it, those that claim Pro-Choice aren’t really giving any “choices”. They give ONE choice. Abortion. When we speak with the women who come in, we let them know that when you become pregnant, you have three choices, and all will impact your life. You can choose abortion, adoption, or parenting. All of them are choices, and each of them will impact your life.
- Women deserve better than abortion. – We believe that women deserve better than abortion and that no woman should feel like she must choose between herself and her baby.
- Pro-Life Answers to Pro-Choice Arguments Expanded & Updated: Alcorn, Randy: 9781576737514: Amazon.com: Books
- Pregnancy Crisis Intervention: What to Do and Say When It Matters Most: Ensor, John: 0031809063149: Amazon.com: Books
- Help Her Be Brave: Discover Your Place in the Pro-Life Movement: Ford, Amy, Daly, Jim: 9780802423115: Amazon.com: Books
- Keep your emotions out of it. – Easier said than done, right? The bottom line is this, the other side uses a lot of noise, typically brought about by pain, all flowing from emotion to make a point. Use truth, science and LOVE to discuss the topic. Everything we do should flow from LOVE.
- Unplanned Grace: A Compassionate Conversation on Life and Choice – Kindle edition by Smith, Brittany, Smith, Natasha, McAfee, Lauren Green. Religion & Spirituality Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.
- The One Year Pray for Life Bible NLT (Softcover): A Daily Call to Prayer Defending the Dignity of Life: Tyndale, Tada, Joni Eareckson: 9781496445131: Amazon.com: Books